Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Giambattista Valli dresses. Possibly the most beautiful ever. Just saying...







Ok so yes. These dresses are huge. And pouffy. And meringue-y. All things I'm not such a huge fan off. Probably because if I were to wear something that was as wide as it was high I would look like I'd fallen into several bed sheets and somehow walked in front of a huge fan. Volume. And the kind of volume that is not so much appreciated by moi. But here? Like this? From the fantastically talented designer Giambattista Valli? I heart them. Very much. The textures and the colours and the detail, it's all just so mind blowingly beautiful! It's almost like that dress Carrie falls asleep in when she's in Paris. Ah, for my life to be a movie. The constant music would be tops. And constantly looking good I would be ok with. But I'm fairly sure the wardrobe options would excite me the most. But I would pretend it didn't. You know, be all cool and such.

2 comments:

  1. "...if I were to wear something that was as wide as it was high I would look like I'd fallen into several bed sheets and somehow walked in front of a huge fan."

    Nicola, we just love your turn of phrase, you make us laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Seriously. It's a little pathetic... xx