Tuesday, May 3, 2011

why hello...



Things that I have not filled you in on since my last post as I lay pining away in my sick bed...

- The Lilac trees have come out in full force, and every time we drive past one, I feel the need to say 'Ohh look! Another lilac tree! They're so beautiful!' The boy loves this no end, as I itch again to get a garden of our own to fill with said trees. Rhododenrons too. And peonies and blossom trees, hellebore roses...

- I made my Mum's artichoke dip for the first time, which I not only thought was delicious, but so did the rest of those snacking on it...culinary success!

- Window boxes appear to be an easy accessory to attach to a household window. This is a lie.

- We discovered we do not own a picnic basket nor rug. This has been a minor disaster as the weak sun beams have been successfully pushing their way through to Scotland (perhaps the farthest country from the sun), and apart from piecing together many a tesco shopping bag, we do not have anything to lay on to catch the rays. Like I said, disaster...

- We have changed from 'Sunshiny Days' fabric softener to 'Blue Skies', and as we are still in our 'trialling of new products stage', I feel it is safe to say 'Blue Skies' may indeed be the current favourite.

- I missed the auctions last night (I know, I'm really sick), but made stewed apple. A proven home remedy for those feeling poorly. Delicious!

- AND I have perfected the art of saying 'hash browns' with a Scottish accent. I've had some spare time...

But now I may go and lay my head down...I do believe Friends is on! I hope you're all well! If not, try stewed apple. It really works... xx

4 comments:

  1. oooh! Can you send your mom's recipe to me...sounds delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dip sounds yummy!

    And no picnic basket?! That's tragic! You must get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW! Picnic-y disasters all round! Best and easiest dip ever...although perhaps not the healthiest. But artichokes are good for you. Right?
    1 cup egg mayonnaise
    1 cup grated parmesan
    400g artichokes (from a jar)

    Chop the artichokes, mix everything together, pop in a lovely little serving dish, sprinkle some more tasty parmesan on top and heat through in the oven. Serve with crusty bread...yummo!

    I'm looking online for a picnic basket now...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stewed apple, I hear you. I made a lot of stewed apple in Russia.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Seriously. It's a little pathetic... xx